Thread: Adding different password to different folders in Windows 7

Adding different password to different folders in Windows 7

How to add different password on different folders. Like I have three partition. Among which one has all games, movies and songs. I want to put three different password to each folder. I do not want anyone to access games. While Movies and Songs does not matter much. I tried using User Accounts for this. I had created a limited account and denied access to the folder. But still many can open the same. So I need a more simple way through which I can simply lock the folders and block access to all.

Re: Adding different password to different folders in Windows 7

You have to use a third party tool for that. I am not sure about different password, but you can add a single to all of them. Just search for a good folder lock tool which will be more helpful in fixing the issue.

I know one tool that can help you configure different password for different folders. The name of this tool is Instant Lock. This is a tiny software with simple interface. Once installed you just have to load the folders in it. You can add a new password to various different folders. It is extremely simple to use. You can also configure different users in it so that people are not allowed to make any changes through the tool. To add a folder in the tool you just have to right click on that and select the software. Then you have to apply the password on the same and done. If you need a bit advance tool then you can go with one more software. You can try Iobit. This tool is bit advance and has more feature over others. It is good for those who need extreme security solution.

There are many tools for the same. Remember that if you loose password you have to remove them. So buy something that you can manage. Do not go for encryption stuff. It will be complicated for you to handle.