Thread: How to stop windows update from crashing pc

How to stop windows update from crashing pc

A number of time windows update makes system unstable. This thing is commonly faced by all of us. So I am looking for standard ways through which I can protect my system from getting crashed after installing new updates. I hope there will be some possible options available to do the same. I am not able to find a tool that can scan the update and tell me which update is stable and which is not. Each time when I go with some new update my system freezes a lot. It does not allow me do anything and I have to format it.

Re: How to stop windows update from crashing pc

That is not a issue. It happens very rarely. I keep my system updated always and this helps me to keep my system protected also. If you skip updates your system is more vulnerable. I hope you are using a non-pirated edition.

For some system windows update is a pain. I had seen it just keep on increasing my Windows partition size. And sometime the system is quiet slow. There are few things you can do to keep your system a bit stable. First run regular system backup. You can use third party data backup software. There are plenty of them available. This tools help you to keep your data secure and safe. Even if your system crashed you can recover that easily. And then only go ahead with other stuff. You can go ahead with manual windows update. Manual update give you choice to install update or not. You can skip if you think the update is not appropriate. Keeping in automatic sometime creates issues. Because sometime improper updates are released by Microsoft and they cause problem.

The best way to get back your system on its original state is through System Restore. I always run this thing whenever I have some serious problem in my system. This usually help me to restore my settings back as it was before.