Thread: get line number in Notepad and Wordpad

get line number in Notepad and Wordpad

I mostly use Notepad or Wordpad in my pc instead of any Office suites because I find the ms office very vast. Anyways, I remember to have a line numbed and column number on my Notepad and Wordpad at the bottom of the screen. It seems to me now that they have been removed, so can you tell me how do I get them back again please? Thank you

Re: get line number in Notepad and Wordpad

Can you try to check whether the option Word Wrap inside the Format in Notepad is selected. If yes then the Status bar option will be grayed out. So you just need to uncheck the option of this Word Wrap and then you might be able to select the Status Bar again. Incase you want both the features to be enabled at the same time then there is a registry change that you will have to play with.

You will have to select the option of Word Wrap and the follow some steps to do some changes in teh registry. To do the changes click on Start and then type Regedit in the Search box. After that go to the following registry key in the left side - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad. Now in the right side you have to change the value of StatusBar to 1 and then exit from the registry. Open notepad and then see that both options will be enabled.

If you are talking about getting a current line count in the notepad then you will have to download a tool called TextPad. You can manage multiple concurrent documents and can easily edit them at the same time, which will obviously save precious minutes. The possibility of opening simultaneous files will also be very advantageous to move the data from one to another. The elements of grammatical and spelling correction will also help you.