Thread: How to split folders in different size

How to split folders in different size

Which tool can help me to split a folder in different size. I am not talking about a winrar or any video file. I want to split folders. Like I have a folder which as around 3000 images. The size is more than 8GB and it is the last partition which is almost full. There are many folders like. I want some help to split folders in different folders so that I can move them and also remember which folders belongs where. I tried to ask the same question on other forums, but many says that I have to do things manually.

Re: How to split folders in different size

It is not possible to split a folder. All you can do is create a new phone and apply similar name with minor changes in it. Then copy paste a chunk of data in it. This is the fastest process. How can you split a folder. You can do that more properly on winrar.

There is a tool for that. It is called as Folder Axe. This is a smart tool through which you can divide your folders into smaller size. It is very easy to use and a free tool. This tool is for those who need a easy solution folder splitting. Adding them in a archive and then splitting is time consuming process. Also sometime if any those archive is damage you will loose all the files. Here through Folder Axe you can split the volume in form of size and amount you want. You can also split on the basis of different name and file type. This tool also support sub folders. But you have to go for the settings in that. You can set a name scheme which will appear once the folders are splitted. The process is easy and fast. It works really fine and does not has any issue. Just try the tool and see what output you are getting.

It is better to use it through archived. Because in that you data remain intact and organized. And then you can use it as per your need. Through folders it will be bit messy. I use winrar small packs to share files.

There is no tool for spilling a folder. But you can try splitting a video file. I do not think it is even possible to split a word or excel sheet. The best thing you can do is go with manual process. Try to organize the folders in proper name and split it as per your need. You can try moving the files slowly one by one in different folders. In this way you can remember which file is kept where. Or else the problem will still remain intact. I tested some folder splitter. They can mess your existing folders. Take a proper backup before doing the same. It is right that using a winrar in place of older splitter is more intact. Because it does not cause much issue. You can make a archive of different folders and then use it for the splitting it in different sizes.

Folder splitting is not possible. Folder comparison is possible. I had never seen tool that can split the folder. It might create a new one with different name. That's all. This is just like the manual process.

The best thing you can do here is use some kind of folder manager software. There are number of them available. A Folder manager tool has ample of great settings and advance options through which you can organize different folders. You can manage them as per your need. One of them is SpeedCommander tool. This tool has smart options through which you can manage different folders. You can organize the same and modify different settings. The tool allow you to configure different folder structure also. It is somewhat like a explorer app but with more feature. It is easy to use and has simple options and things through which you can customize and configure different folders. I will recommended you to go for the same.

I am using a tool that help me to rename a folder. I can rename it different name and move the files between it. It is easy and simple to manage. I just keep on creating new folders and rename them all through the tool.