Thread: Help to convert hand written html codes to digital for college project

Help to convert hand written html codes to digital for college project

I want some help to get a digital conversion of handwritten html tool. My brother got some project from his college. In this text book he has all the html codes. I think they are around 50 pages. Now I can save them to a web page type but for that I will have to type it manually. This is a time consuming process.I need some help to instantly convert all those text to digital text. Like I can page the in Word or Notepad and save them as per my need. Is there any option available for that in Word. I have a scanner also.

Re: Help to convert hand written html codes to digital for college project

When you are scanning try to checkout in your printer settings about OCR features. This is commonly available in many printers. This feature allow you to convert handwritten codes to digital text. You can then make web pages out of them.

OCR is the only solution for this. But to use you require clear writing. If the content of page is not proper then OCR will generate a lot of junk characters. And you will have to fix the manually. So the process is almost the same. There is some simple way of getting typed content. For that you need a Android phone. You can install a application on the same and then convert the same to text. The name of that app is Google Goggles. Install this app from Google play and take pictures of your text file. Slowly you can convert them to text. Here you have to work hard a bit. You will need to take pictures of different part. The more smaller you take the more accurate image you will get. So just try out this thing and it might help.

You have to try the ocr thing. This might work. OCR works really well when it comes to translation a handwritten text into digital text. But for codes I do not think it will give proper output. But still you can try.

It is not easy to get the digital text of your handwritten tool. If the ocr tool is not able to identify the text properly you will get a ton of junk content on the same. It is far more better to go with standard tool. There are also many online service through which you can covert the existing text to digital. Simple thing is to go ahead with retyping everything. Scan the pages and keep them with you. Then you can slowly type them one by one if you need the right output. In this way you will also be able to learn and understand how html works. More practice will make you more perfect. You won't get any appropriate output if you go ahead with the regular way of conversion. There can be bug and the final result when you convert them to web pages will be loaded with error.

My friend is studying mba and he always note down various thing. To get a digital output be bought a digital pen. This pen comes with smart camera that records all the text and convert them into shapes. I think you must get one of those.

You will need a scanner for that. A scanner with OCR features. OCR also knows as text recognition technology helps you to convert handwritten text to PDF files or other editable formats. Some scanner comes with this feature through which you can convert your files to editable and readable formats. This can be in Word or Excel format. Here the accuracy matters a lost. Sometime you would be able to a lot of junk character in the system. So there is one tool that you can try to use. It is called as OCR ABBYY FineReader. This tool recognizes text . The tool is able to analyze the structure of document and written text on the same. It then divides the pages to different elements. Like it takes the text as separately then take the tables and images. Most of the thing are on the basis of assumptions. Once the program analyzes everything properly it tries to create the same thing in digital form.

OCR is not so effective. I had tried many things in my college project work but that does not work so well. I always tried to convert many text to digital files but they won't work so fine. It is better to type them manually.