Thread: How to view PSD thumbnails in windows explorer

How to view PSD thumbnails in windows explorer

I usually do all the search from Windows Explorer but the problem is that I am not able to view any of the thumbnails of PSD files in it. I can view the .jpg and .tif files in Explorer fine. Can anyone tell me how do I view thumbnails in Explorer? I am running Windows 7 in my pc and previously when I was using Windows XP it was working fine. Thanks

Re: How to view PSD thumbnails in windows explorer

Have you tried installing Pictus image viewer and associate PSD files. This software is an image viewer that loads images in advance using Windows Explorer to display the thumbnails of image formats. Pictus has customizable controls, a streamlined interface, rotation and adjustment color that is based on real-time basis and a huge selection of Swedish and English interface.

Download a plugin called PSD Thumbnail Viewer from this link. After that to install this plugin you need top copy psicon.dll to this path - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell. If this folder doesnt exist then create this new folder. After that run Adobe.reg and then click yes to confirm to add an entry to the registry and once it is done then you will be able to view the psd thumbnail in explorer.

There is also a program called SageThumbs that will let you to view thumbnail or unsupported file types like PSD for example. SageThumbs is a powerful extension allowing you to preview enormous amount of image formats directly in Windows Explorer by using Pierre's GFL library (author of XnView). To use it, just open any folder with image files in Windows Explorer, and then click a file you want to preview.