Thread: How to apply soft effect on portrait photos

How to apply soft effect on portrait photos

I want some option to make a image more and more clean. I am not able to find anything. I am trying to learn a bit Photoshop through which I can enhance the image output. I have some product photos. I had started to work for a magazine. I am using a DSLR to take photos. The images are very sharp. Tiny dust particles, rough edges are visible due to which the product quality is affected. I want to apply some foggy type of effect that does not hurt the image clarity but hid this things.

Re: How to apply soft effect on portrait photos

Through Photoshop you can clean the photos. I cannot give you the full steps in some line. You have to checkout some tutorial video on the same. Or else it will be complicated for you to work on the same. Photoshop is best for editing photos.

You can use ACDSee Pro 6 for that. It is a awesome image editor with many features. I am using this tool from long time to create good photos out of raw images. To test this you can download the trial edition and check it. You have to first see all the features one by one so that you can understand how it really works. Now in this just load your photos. Then click on Edit. At the left bottom you can see a option Noise, Blur. Choose Noise first. Apply the effect by moving the slider to the right and left. Adjust the amount of noise you want in the photos. Then use Blur. The image will be more better. This process applies soft effect on the images. It is necessary that your images must be brighter. If they are dull then you won't be able to get a proper output. If you have dark images then click on Exposure to add more brightness and then later on apply the effects.

You can use a image editing too for the same. You have to apply a bit of noise effect on the images. Now many new tool comes with soft focus effect. This add more softness removing crispiness. The images become more foggy and looks a bit impressive.

The effect which you are talking about is called as soft focus. Some camera comes with that affect. You can test the same in the camera mode. If that is not available then you can use a third party tool for the same. Remember that do not apply much or else the image will get blurred. Soft focus works really well if you are taking closeup shots and there is complete light. The more your face is in focus the more clear output you are going to get. This effect is also called as glamor effect. There is a settings available to use the same on Photoshop. Launch Photoshop and in that click on Filter. Then click on Blur and then click on Gaussian Blur. Here set the radius to 4-10pixe. Now again click on Edit and then click on Fade Gaussian blur. You have reduce the fade opacity to 50%. Once done go back on Filter and then click on Sharpen and click on Unsharp Mask. You have to then go in Layer and click on New Adjustment layer and click on Hue/Saturation. Set the slider as per your need.

Image can be fixed through image editing tools. Like Photoshop. The steps which are mentioned above are nice and add a bit nice effect. Before editing any image keep a backup ready with you. So that if you don't like you can delete it and try some other things.

If you are only restricted to adding a make up thing on the images then you can go with Photo Makeup Editor. This software is available on web for download.This tool allow you to add a bit glamor effect on the images. You can have amazing photo output. You can add as many effects you want on the photos and make it more and more better. If you need anything for mac then you can go with Perfect365. This tool is also great enough to give you a proper screen quality and does not has any issue with the output. It is a nice photos enhancer tool that works really well and does not has any issue with the output. It works really fine.

Fixing image is not a big deal. You just need to lean a few Photoshop tricks. You can find huge number of tutorial for the same on the web. Try that. Photoshop will be the best tool for going ahead with fixing images.