Thread: How to remove old AMD Catalyst drivers completely

How to remove old AMD Catalyst drivers completely

I am facing a bit issue with the old AMD Catalyst drivers in the system. I had installed a new one over others and after that I am having a flickering issue on the screen. This was not before when I was playing games on the old drivers. I got a popup of new driver update and I installed that on my system. After installing I got this flickering issue. I think removing the old one and re-installing everything back from scratch will resolve the problem.

Re: How to remove old AMD Catalyst drivers completely

You can go in Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. From there you can wipe out the tool and then go ahead with fresh installation. I think this will be more than enough to clear the internal components and then adding new one will resolve the issue.

You have to properly clean your system and remove the old drivers. Sometime the file are left in the system and cause problem with the new one. The first thing you can do is download a uninstaller utility. This will clean the system and remove all unwanted file. Then run registry cleaner which will wipe out leftover entries. The last thing left is to download the new version and install the same in your system. Again after that if you face the same kind of problem you can go ahead with a full system restore. This is also great enough to wipe out unwanted settings. I had seen people face issue due to different driver version. This problem lies with the compatibility. I do not really go for update instantly whenever I get a popup. I want back until I got a confirmation the new update is not buggy. You can find that on the official forum.

Removing old drivers is always a pain. But AMD offers you a Install Manager through which you can remove unwanted stuff. Just go inside Control Panel > Uninstall a program and click on Install Manager. Click on Uninstall and choose the last option Express uninstall all AMD software.

You can try that. Remove the old one and run a fresh setup. First of all you have to locate what is the actual issue.Why are you getting that problem. You
    can go in event viewer where you can find issues regarding any error or problem that is generated recently in your system. Most of the time the issue lies with incompatible files. It is hectic to remove old drivers. You can use a third party driver updater utility for that. Like Driver Easy. This type of tool gives you a automated solution for driver updates. You don't have to go for that manually. Always before installing new drivers check the version on web. There are many people who discuss on the issue and if there is any problem never go for the updates.