Thread: "Turn on media streaming" button greyed out

"Turn on media streaming" button greyed out

I am running Windows 7 in my computer and if I am trying to click on "Turn on media streaming" then the button is always greyed out. Previously I was able to turn it on with my media devices but now I cannot do it again. I have gone into Windows Media Player 12 and turned on Streaming but that didnt work for me? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: "Turn on media streaming" button greyed out

I had the same problem but fixed it afterwards. You need to click n Start and then in the Search box type this - "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player. After that you need to delete all the files that end in .wmdb but for this you need to untick the "hide known file extensions for known file types" to see the file extentions. Now you can easily open media player and turn on the Streaming again.

If the above doesnt work then try to do a clean boot. Go to Start and then in the search box type msconfig and press Enter. After that click the Services tab and then check mark the "Hide All Microsoft Services" option and then click Disable All. After that click the Startup tab and then click Disable All and then click ok. After that restart the pc and then see if it is working.

If you want to turn on media streaming then click Start and then click All programd and then click Windows Media Player. After that click the Switch to Library button at the top right side of the media player. Now click on stream and then click Turn on home media streaming. Note that it will not turn on it is not available on the Stream Menu if streaming is already turned on. Now go to the Media streaming options and then click Turn on Media Streaming and then click ok.