Thread: Is HDDExpert a better tool for testing hard drive

Is HDDExpert a better tool for testing hard drive

There are three hard drive in my system. 2 are new and 1 is old. There is a single 80GB drive which I had dedicated for OS. It only has windows in it. The other two are for data. Recently I got frequent blue screen on my system. This appear most of the time when I play videos. My ram is new so I do not think it is causing the problem. I am running HDDExpert which shows me errors in the 80GB drive. I just want to know whether this tool is reliable or not.

Re: Is HDDExpert a better tool for testing hard drive

HDDExpert is a disc analyzer which give you information on the damage component inside. It is essential that you must take the results. If there is a internal damage you will get the error on your screen. You must backup your data instantly.

I am also using HDDExpert. This tool gives you information about drive errors. And if there are many time to backup your data. This type of tool are very effective to keep a eye on the drive performance. Before time you get a indication whether your drive is going to fail or not. There are so many tools similar to that. You can also use a bootable cd to find out the issue. The tools only give you information on the errors. But they do not fix it. It is not possible as they are associated with hardware issue. The most you can do is defrag your drive. This might add a bit more performance. If there are higher number of errors listed on the tool then it is recommended to keep a replacement ready. If the drive is under warranty then you can carry it to the repair center and you will get it fixed. But if not then you will have to buy a new one. Or you can remove the OS from it. Because there are chances of getting blue screen. You can see it a secondary drive to store unwanted stuffs on it.

There are some more tools which you can try to test out the hard drive health. If all are giving you the same kind of error then it is recommended that you move your important data from that partition. I am using SeaTools which is a good tool for analyzing the hard drive.

Disk analyzer can predict the health of a hard drive. There are tons of tools like this. If you are able to see some errors then it is time to change your drive and get a new one. Drives are cheaper today. You already have multiple in your system. If you keep the OS and application on the damage drive you might get blue-screen in between and after a few days or week your system might crash completely. So better migrate your OS and data on some working hard drive. And use this like a free secondary space where you can keep all unwanted files which are not really important. So even if the drive stops working you did not loose your data. Unfortunately there are not tools which can fix this kind of errors. Most of the disk analyzer will only protect the type of error they are getting from drive inspection.