Thread: Combining pdf files in Adobe Reader XI

Combining pdf files in Adobe Reader XI

Can I combine pdf file in the new Adobe Reader XI. I am not able to get any option. I can edit the files but I need some way through which I can combine the file and make one. The issue with pdf file is that they are heavy to mail. I have around 50 pages which I want to combine and share with my friends. I have a some ebooks also. I found a pdf splitter software, but know I don't know how to merge those files.

Re: Combining pdf files in Adobe Reader XI

You cannot combine a pdf file in Adobe Reader. You can just save that in different format. It is a reader not a pdf editor or merger. You have to find a different software to use the same. There are ample of online service which can help you in this.

There is a application which can help you in getting the kind output you are looking. It is a very tiny tool which is amazing and simple. The name of software is PDF Split and Merge. You can download this application and install it in your system.You just have to load files on the same and you can merge them instantly. The tool is simple and has a free edition available. The same tool also help you to split the files if you need. It has a simple interface and quiet easy to operate. A few set of options are very easy to use here. The benefit of using this tool is that it maintains the file quality. It does not spoil it which is done by many tools. They somehow affect the output and the document which appear dull. The best thing this about this tool is that you can also split and rotate a page. Sometime it happens that you have a upside down scan. You can rotate the same in it and merge it.

Till yet that feature is not provided in Adobe Reader XI. To use that you need a separate tool. There are many free online website which has this feature and it allow you to merge pdf files. If you have few documents you can use them.

Adobe Reader XI has come with new additions. Merging files on them is not yet implemented. This is a good thing but Adobe skipped it. From long time Adobe reader is dominating the pdf reader tools. And still they are not implementing new things. One change I notice recently in the new version is that you can convert files. You can save in word or excel format. You can also take out images from it. So this is a bit handy because you are using a single tool for different usage. I am looking for more features through which I can use this one only to manage all my pdf files. Like the first thing you said is a merger and splitter tool. Through this we can extract a page from it and save it like a separate file. Thi thing must be included in it. It is very easy to sort out the files. Today whenever I have to split the files I convert them to a jpeg image first. I delete the unwanted pages and then use a good image to pdf convertor to make a full file from it.

That is a impressive feature. I am also looking for a composite software that can provide me all features at one place. Like working pdf files, editing and modifying them. I have to use different software for different stuff. I hope there will be some solution.

There is one tool which you can try out. It is called as Apex All in One pdf software. This tool allow you to everything from editing to converting pdf files. I was looking for a all in one software also in which I can modify the files and then convert them if needed. So I found this one and I am using this from long time. It works well and it is also faster. Through this I can merge two different pdf files and make single out of it. Also it is possible to add a password in the documents so it remains more secure. The best part of this tool is that you can trim the size of pdf file. Most of the scanned file are heavy and cannot be shared through mail. But through this tool you can simply reduce the size and make it more lighter. This is quiet beneficial. You must keep this tool in your system with adobe reader. If you want to do any changes you can use this one.

Anyhow for different work you have to use different tools. There is a different program for editing and different for merging and modifying. In Adobe Reader we can only have the viewing option. Even sharing is not provided in it.