Thread: Need a backup software for continuous backup

Need a backup software for continuous backup

On my lan network we are depended on Windows backup for file transfer. This software is auto configured to work at a time interval. But sometime it stops working. I was verifying the file and found that from last 2 days the file are not synced. Here we transfer files from one pc to another. And I need a automated tool for that. There are constant changes done on those file. I want many people to edit that thing and get new changes instantly. This can be only done through a backup software.

Re: Need a backup software for continuous backup

I did not trust Windows backup tool. Because it is not constant. If there any new update or any problem it stops working. So it is better to go with a professional backup software. Right-now I am using a free tool called as EaseUS Todo Backup. Very simple and easy to use options.

Those are basic tools. Due to which you don't get any advance solution on the same. If you need a good backup software then you have to go with something advance. And there is one solution that will be effective for you. I will recommend you go with NAS setup. You can download FreeNAS and use it on your system. I require a full hard drive. So you have to install it on a usb or any primary drive if left with you. It works really fine and has great performance. It is fast in terms of copying files. I had my self tested this thing. My friend wants a reliable backup solution. Instead of giving him different software suggestion I installed a NAS system in this network and configured Windows backup to copy file every hour. The backup worked really fine. But if you don't trust on Windows backup software then you can go ahead with many third party tools. Like Backup4all. There are free tools also.

When we talk about continuous backup software then there is only one thing that can help. That is Tape Drives. You can hook a Tape Drive storage on your network which will keep on taking data backup. NAS on the same hand replaces the costly solution and offering you a budget way of building centralized file server.

When we talk about backup then we need some reliable solution. You cannot go for anything. Because once the program is configured then it has to keep on working on its own. If you have to manually check then it is not worth to install. Before going for a backup software lookout for the media. Where you are planing to store the software. If this is a pc on the lan then it is not safe. You have to create multiple backup position. Where data copies can be maintained. Like moving the same backup to a connected portable hard drive. Some external hard drive offer you a cloud integration support. That means your data is copied on dual place. At one side it remains in the hard drive and second it is uploaded on the cloud storage. This is very impressive way of having dual backup solution. Most of the external hard drive has a automated backup utility which works really fine and does not provide any issue.

Windows backup is reliable. I am using this from long time and till yet not faced any issue. All you have to do is keep a eye on the settings. Sometime due to new updates or any changes in the system this thing is affected. But it is quiet easy to use compare to others.

You need a synchronization software. That can help you to backup and sync data as and when needed. There are many. This tools are also called as continuous backup. Because whenever a changes is done the data is updated. A number of this tool comes with cloud integration. That means the data is stored online also. A very simple tool which can help you to get the right kind of data transfer is GFI BackUp. It is lightweight and very easy to use. you can backup files to your local or external hard drive. It is done automatically. You can also configure ftp server on the same. The files will be uploaded on the web. It supports all latest features which require to keep your data safe and secure. I like the tool due to simple interface and easy feature. It is impressive.

You have many simple backup software available on the web. If you go for enterprise solution then you will surely get something beneficial. But if you go with free tools then you will get a very basic tool which has limited features to use.