Thread: Data Rescue vs File Scavenger

Data Rescue vs File Scavenger

There are two tools in my mind. Data Rescue & File Scavenger. I am having a problem of data deletion. Recently a guy made a scrip which wipe out the temp folder and recycle bin. After running I found a huge amount of file missing on the desktop. I am already using a trail edition of Data Rescue. I am unable to locate the file which is deleted from the desktop. I had use Data Rescue before it worked, but this time it failed. So does going for other one is good. Or I should buy the license version and it will recover the files.

Re: Data Rescue vs File Scavenger

Data Rescue is quiet good. I am also using the same from long time and it works really fine. I had recover ample of data's through it. Your system might be having some issue. Try to re-install this software once again and check back.

No software guarantee you that they are going to discover your file at all cost. There is no complete chances. It happens an umber of time that you are unable to get what you want. I am here using Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery software. I am using it from long time and it always helped me to recovery files. I never face any problem. Recently I had captured some great videos from my Sony camera. The video size was around 500Mb. I copied them on the desktop and accidentally deleted them. The file was in recycle bin and then I ran a disk cleanup. So that was also gone. I ran Stellar to recover those file. It found, and also exported the videos. But when I was playing them it lags a lot. The video quality is corrupted. Here I found that data recovery software does not give you 100% guarantee to recover files. They are effective against tiny files, but when we talk about huge file size then they have a bit issue. The file does not work well if you recover a huge size. Sometime it gets corrupted. So it is better to keep a multiple copy of your files.

File Scavenger is a data recovery utility. Compare to Data Rescue this is a bit advance. You can recover files from a unbootable computer through this. It has a factory restore option through which you can restore the entire data and recovery it instantly. I am using it from long time and it works really well.

I am using Data Rescue and it looks good. It came pre-installed when I had bought a laptop from my friend. It helps to recover deleted file well. And it is easy to use also. No software can work if you install it after deleting a file. This is the limitation. There are many other software which works in the same manner. Symantec offer you a advance tool called as Netbackup. This is a bit advance tool which is ideal for Enterprise environment. But if you are looking for a bit free support then there are more options available. I am using Data Rescue and I found this a bit effective in terms of usage. It is simple and has easy recovery options. If you want to test some free tools before checking out other one then there are some tools like Recuva, Pandora Recovery, FreeUndelete, etc. This tools are free and easy to use and give you simple option which you can find in Data Rescue also. So just test this things out first.