Thread: Java problem in Windows 8

Java problem in Windows 8

I am running Windows 8 on my computer and have installed Java on it. But if I am trying to go on a website that requires Java then it will tell me that I dont have java even though it is installed in my computer. I have tried to test on Chrome and Internet Explorer browser but to no avail. Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks

Re: Java problem in Windows 8

I think that you will need to install both the 32bit and 64 bit of Java program on your Windows 8 computer. Also, you simply need to double click the exe file which should work flawlessly for you. Even if you dont run it as administrator for installation then also it should work for you. You can try to test if Java is working on your pc by going to the official Java website here - http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Can you make sure whether Java is showing up in the Control Panel and also look into the settings as well. Also, are you testing it on the metro browser or the desktop browser because I dont know whether Java works in Metro. Flash is the only plugin that works in the Modern UI version of Internet Explorer which comes preinstalled with it. If you want to use any other plugins then you may want to open Internet Explorer on the Desktop.

Try to test few things on the desktop version of the Internet Explorer browser. Open Internet Explorer and then go to Tool > Manage add-ons and then in the same window highlight Toolbar and Extensions which is at the left hand side. Check if Java is enabled, if not then enable it. Also go into Control Panel and then Java and then Java Tab and View. Here ensure that it is enabled in the User and System Tabs. Hope this helps.