Thread: Software to fix old black and white photos and add color in them

Software to fix old black and white photos and add color in them

I got some really old photos from a old album. I want to fix them and make it color. I had scanned the images. The image is now in hd resolution. But it looks very dull. I want to make them bright and also add color in them. I need a automated software for that, which can simply apply effective colors and make it more and more vibrant. I had seen people doing that in Photoshop. I don't know anything about using it.

Re: Software to fix old black and white photos and add color in them

There is no direct way of doing that. You have to do that manually. You can use gimp for that. It is a open source photo editing software through which you can color your old black and white photos. You can make them impressive. There is a guide available for that on web.

You can do that in photo shop. But for that you have to follow a online tutorial. It is a bit advance work. You can fix the black photos by filling up colors, but you cannot enhance the quality. You can't make it hd at any cost. Everything depends on your scanner. A good quality scanner is capable of taking high resolution photos and good photo editing software like Photoshop can fix it by making it more clear and crisp. I had seen many photo editing software but none of them are working fine except Photoshop. My friend is expert in that. So he help me to fix a very old photo of my school. It was fadded and not proper. Somehow he managed to clean it. Still the colors are fadded but it is visible. There is no automated tool which can do this. All adjustment and changes are done manually. You can contact a photo lab for that. They will fix that a very reasonable cost.

There are some tools but they are only capable of fixing the darkness and color. You cannot clean it. In old photos we have a blurry solution. The color fade out really fast and it becomes complicated for a software to make it better. It if you the film of that photo then you can develop a new one.

It is a very complicated job. You cannot do that easily. Old photos are very dull and they are poor on colors. It is not easy to fix them. I tried the one on Photoshop. There are advance tutorials for it and some of them are not easy to understand. I am looking for a automated tool. But yet no one has made that. Through automated tools you can simply click on the screen and fix it. I had wasted hours in fixing the problem and later I gave the photo to a photo studio who made it better. It it still black and white. It is right that if you have a film then it is easy for you to get a proper output from the same. You can configure the resolution and do many changes. For testing purpose you can try a online tool like lunapic. This is a nice free tool which you can use to upload the photo on internet and fix it as per your need. You can also add a set of different effects on the same.

This thing is only possible in Photoshop. You cannot do that in any other software. And it is a time consuming process. Here you have to understand how Photoshop works. You can add color and do different things on the same making it more better.

I will advice you to go ahead with some video tutorial. If you know Photoshop then it is not complicated. But if you are new then it will be complicated. Because here you have to play with the colors and layer. Photoshop has some impressive tools that can help you to customize the image as per your need. You can add natural colors making it more real and attractive. There are tons of sample on web that shows how you can color the images and make it attractive. There is no direct tool. There are some software but they are quiet basic and they offer you advance options to optimize the picture and make it impressive. Most of the software capable of fixing the color and saturation. It will make the darker part brighter but it will not add colors. You need a Photoshop expert for that.

The same thing is also possible in Gimp. But as mentioned you must know how to use the software. There are tons of new things in it, that can completely change the look of the picture and make it impressive. So just try out Gimp once with online tutorial.