Thread: Password Manager for Windows 8.1

Password Manager for Windows 8.1

Need a good password manager for Windows 8.1. The one which is optimized to work with Metro UI. I can see some free tools on web but I cannot trust them. I want to keep all my banking details in it and I need a really secure and proper software which is not hackable. I am ready to buy a license if there is any powerful tool available. Right now I had kept all my password in a excel sheet and locked it with a password. I need more professional software. I am having lots of email and website accounts.

Re: Password Manager for Windows 8.1

I am using KeePass. It is a basic password manager which has all the features required to manage passwords. You just have to create a account on the same. With a single email id and password you can manage everything here. This tool is simple. I am not sure about the security stuff here.

It is recommended that you must not keep any banking details in a password manager. Anyhow it is a software. And if someone got your access they can have all your details instantly. It is always good to keep it separately. I do not keep any of my banking details on my system. No password nothing. Because it is completely in-secure. A common mistake can land you in trouble. Leaving this aside, password manager is great for managing other site, your email accounts, etc. One of them is Password Genie. As the name says it is a nice app through which you can manage your password quiet easily. There is a mobile app also available that you an install on your pc or tablet and enjoy saving your password. With one access you can get all the details. It has smooth interface and great features. Now there are two versions. One is basic that give you limited features and other one is full edition which gives you pro features. I will recommend you to try this out. I am sure you will get a good output on the same.

I will also advice the same. Never keep your banking password in any application or on any place. If someone has it you have to pay. It is better to use a strong password and keep on changing in regularly so that it not easy to guess.

I use a app on my tablet pc. It is by HDFC and it works well. I use to transfer money to other account. I am having a Windows 8 tablet. I am not sure about android here. But I think Windows is secure here. Because you can add a good antivirus on it and block any hacks. So the first thing you have to do is get a good antivirus. Then download the app provided by the back. Don't use any password manager. Use it only for your mail account. Avoid using password manager for keeping banking information. I use lastpass from long time. It is very effective and secure. It allow you instant password recovery on your email address if you face any issue. Bt still I do not trust the same for keeping bank logins. It is always good to keep that in mind. Means you must remember your password. It is easy if you are having few accounts only.