Thread: Core 2 Duo pc very slow while exporting a movie from Movie Maker

Core 2 Duo pc very slow while exporting a movie from Movie Maker

My system gets very slow when I try to export any video from Movie Maker. I am using this software for creating short movies. I capture video through my camera. It generate a high resolution video file which is around 1GB in size. Importing takes really long time. But after editing when I export this tool consume my entire system resource. It slow down the pc and does not allow me to do anything. I tried many things, but nothing worked.

Re: Core 2 Duo pc very slow while exporting a movie from Movie Maker

Movie Maker is a resource intensive software. When you export a movie from it consume a full amount of ram slowing down everything. You can add more ram sticks making it more better in terms of video editing. I also has the same issue.

It is necessary that you must drop all the background process. If anything is working in the background then the tool will work slow and will not give you the kind of output you are looking for. Slow performance is one of the most common issue with video editor. I am also using Movie Maker to merge clips. I had around 10 clips which I first import. It takes a bit time and when I try to export the same it takes a really long time. It is very complicated to do any other thing in the background. Now I have around 1GB ram in my system and when I am exporting the file into a single HD video format as widescreen aspect ratio it takes a really long time. This is a common issue with movie maker and at some place you will get a constant error that movie make has unexpected crashed. So there is nothing much you can do. All you need is update your systems video driver and stop all the background process. It can become slower and slower. Sometime this issue is also associated with slow rpm hard drive.

Try some other tool. There are number of great movie editions available. Like Roxio Creator Pro. This is a amazing software which offer you great option to create your own movies and burn them into hd video. It has a advance timeline also. This tool is really amazing.

I think the best tool is Adobe Premiere. I had used this for sometime. Like Movie Maker it does not take time in importing videos. It just take time to export it. Because it build up a HD video with high resolution and amazing quality. You can almost do anything in that. This is a timeline based software where you can add multiple videos on it. This is one of the best video editing software and give you advance features which you cannot find anywhere. The same tool also allow you to go ahead with graphic editing and web development. It is widely used with many news channel in the market. It is a full fledged software advance enough to create your own kind of videos instantly. You have to learn that for sometime and it might be less resource intensive compare to Movie Maker while editing. But at the time of exporting it can be a heavy.