Thread: How to force specific aspect ratio on a widescreen monitor

How to force specific aspect ratio on a widescreen monitor

When I turn on my system the monitor resolution is adjusted automatically. I want to enable a fixed ratio here. Which remains constant and will not change. Most of the time when I try to play some games I can see black borders around. I had modified the resolution to fit screen but still it is affected. I need some
    help here to make it more fixed without getting it changed automatically. I tried some different tools but that does not looks to be working.

Re: How to force specific aspect ratio on a widescreen monitor

You can try the display properties. That will give you more proper way of fixing the screen output. Intel's Graphic Media Accelerator Driver is the best tool for fixing this things. But it works really fine if you are having a Intel motherboard.

The aspect ratio changes because of your screen size. The system through the audio driver knows what is the maximum screen you have and on that basis it apply the resolution. What aspect ratio you are looking for. There is no tool for that. For any changes you will have to use the driver utility. That is the only way to modify the screen aspect ratio. Now many monitor comes with the settings itself in them. There is a menu button on the monitor. You just have to press that to launch the OSD and in that you can modify the ratio. I have a Samsung monitor which has a nice feature of manually changing the aspect ratio from 4:3 to widescreen. If you do that through the driver utility then upon restart the resolution will be restored. And if you do the same through monitor settings then it will remain constant. To fix it you just have to press the Auto Adjustment button. It will restore your old screen settings back. That is the most easiest way.

There is a tiny tool available called as Display Tool Manager. You can try this tool. It has integrated settings through which you can change settings with single click. You can try it out. But I also think the graphic controller driver is far more advance compare to this.