Thread: Tuneup utilities slowing down my Windows 7 PC

Tuneup utilities slowing down my Windows 7 PC

My desktop is working slow. It has Windows 7 on it. It has a core 2 duo processor and 2 sticks of 2GB ram. To enhance the performance my friend suggested me to install Tuneup Utilities in it. After running the scan the system is more slow. There is no gain in the output. After turning it on it takes a long time to show me the desktop. My DVD rom has also stopped working. When I try to install this through device manager I am getting blue screen. All this thing happened after installing Tuneup.

Re: Tuneup utilities slowing down my Windows 7 PC

If you think the software is causing the issue then just remove it. You can also run system restore. This help you to get rid of problem like this. It looks there are certain files in the system which are not stable and causing the problem. Just remove it.

It looks the software is bit buggy and due to which you are getting the problem. Try to remove the software first. To find out more information on problems of your system go in Event Viewer. This is the log report tool of Wi Windows. It has all information on various problem. You can find that in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. In that checkout all the errors. You can find important information it associated with performance issue you are facing. It can be due to some dll file or it can be due to the software which you are using. I think Tuneup is not a big problem. The software is designed to boost the output. But it is working reverse. Sometime this software wipe out some registry keys on which certain software relies. This make the pc unstable and cause the problem. You can try to run system restore first. This will revert the old settings back. The second thing you can do is use a another software. The one which I use is Advance system optimizer. This software is also having the same kind of properties that Tuneup gives. It cleanups the startup, remove unwanted programs and boost the system output. It is really effective. So just download this and run and see whether the output is improved or not.

Try to check whether your system is having a virus or not. 4GB ram is quiet enough for any pc and if this is not working well, then it means some virus is making your pc slow. Run task manager and go in performance and see the output in it.

I do not think you require any kind of third party software for enhancing your system output. You can do that manually also. The first thing you have to do is find which application is slowing down your pc. You can locate that information in Task Manager. You just have to go in the services section. There you can sort stuff through cpu or ram. And exist the top most application. You can find the app name also. There are chances that you are also having virus in your pc. So you can run a full system scan in safe mode. Also remove applications in safe mode only. This will give a less slower system. Last time my pc was infected with virus due to which my cpu usage always stuck at 100%. I am unable to do anything on it. System restore worked only for sometime. The last option was to format the pc and install everything back. Through Acronis I created a disk image of the entire OS. Now if anytime this kind of issue appear I simply restore my pc through that. And it works fine.

I am also using the same Tune-Up utility and it works well. I am using the same on my netbook and there is problem in it. It enhanced the system performance. I am unable to understand why it does not work on your system.

I am also using the same Tune-Up utility and it works well. I am using the same on my netbook and there is problem in it. It enhanced the system performance. I am unable to understand why it does not work on your system.

I want to share my experience here. I was trying to fix a clients pc who having the same issue. His DVD stopped working and in between when we try to install the DVD back, the system crashed with blue screen. This was due to a hardware issue. Now here when I was trying to install the DVD through Device
    Manager it takes a really long time to locate the driver. And also the system stuck on welcome screen. It does not move ahead. The system was having 4 sticks of 1GB ram each. Among which one was damage. I removed the ream one by one and started the system. On one there was a constant beep sound. This shows that the ram is failed. But still bios showed me 4GB when all ram were connected. I ran a ram test using memtest software. In the last report I found the error listed. So this was the hardware fault. After removing ram the system worked fine. For enhancing the system output I installed PC tool Performance Toolkit on the same. And it worked. There was no crash issue on the same.

You must also try the same thing. Run a memory scan using memtest and checkout. There are chances that the system is having some kind of hardware fault which is giving out the issue. That will put more highlight one the problem you are facing.