Thread: Audio not working after I am connecting my Laptop to a secondary monitor

Audio not working after I am connecting my Laptop to a secondary monitor

There is a weird issue with my system. It was working fine, but now the problem started with the audio. I am playing a game on my laptop. And I had connected the same to a secondary monitor. After connecting the audio does not work. It is just turned off automatically. I am not able to figure out the problem. And when I play it on laptop it works. I do not think there is any connection of secondary monitor and audio.

Re: Audio not working after I am connecting my Laptop to a secondary monitor

Go in Device Manager by right clicking on My Computer > Manage. Go under Sound and Audio devices and from there just update the drivers back. This will fix back the problem. Driver update is a easy way of fixing this kind of problems.

It looks the audio applet is crashing. When a audio driver is installed a volume control panel utility is available in the system tray. From where you can configure a set of different sound settings. But somehow it looks that it is not working well and you are getting the problem. Usually by changing the display this problem must not appear. Updating the driver will fix the issue. You can try to download the latest driver edition from the official website of your motherboard manufacturer. Just search for the model first. You can install cpuz. In that go in mainboard and there you will get the board model. Type the model in Google, and you will land on the support page. From there go under Audio section and get the new drivers. Overwrite the installation on existing. If this also does not work then try to test the same thing on a other headset. You can try a mobile headphone just for testing purpose. Use that and see what output you are getting. If the issue is resolve then the problem lies with the headphones.

I had same problem on my desktop. The front audio port are having some issue. Whenever I do anything, like I switch off the fan, or turn on mobile charging the audio stops. It is a port issue I think. Driver update does not help much here.