Thread: Zune Error with WP7 'We Cant create a connection from your phone to the internet. Connection Error'

Zune Error with WP7 'We Cant create a connection from your phone to the internet. Connection Error'

Hi, i'm sorry if this is going in wrong section but as the problem is related to Zune software, i put it at this place. I am using a Samsung Focus phone (windows phone 7) and connected it with Zune which is a the official PC Suite for this device. It was working good so long but dont know what went wrong suddenly, today when i connected the phone with Zune, it gave me an error message saying:

'Connection Error. We Cant create a connection from your phone to the internet.'

As its been over 6 hours i am getting the same error, i took its screenshot as well for reference, please check:

I tried several things to fix it out but none of them worked. Do anyone of you guys have any idea about this error? how to get rid of this? Please help.

Re: Zune Error with WP7 'We Cant create a connection from your phone to the internet. Connection Error'

This is a known problem with Zune, hence Microsoft already has a KB article representing this error with several solutions. According to Microsoft whenever you get this error, the first thing you should verify is the USB Cable. Make sure you are using the original cable that comes with the box. Is till the problem appears, disconnect the phone (usb) and restart both, PC as well as the phone. Now try to connect. It should work fine now. Let me know the results.

Re: Zune Error with WP7 'We Cant create a connection from your phone to the internet. Connection Error'

One of my friend has the same problem with its Lumia phone and Zune. He was also getting the same error message. We both started troubleshooting the issue and came to know that it could be because of Certificate problem as well. Infact, that only was the cause of issue for him. Here is how we fixed the problem:

• Remove USB Cable. Go to Start, type “certmgr.msc” followed by enter,
    • This will open up Certificate Manager
    • Now click the Personal folder in the left column, and then double tap or double click the Certificates folder in the right column.
    • Click the heading that says Issued By to sort the column, and then look for one or more certificates that read "zune-tuner://windowsphone/...".
    • Right-click the certificate file and click Copy. If there is more than one file, hold the Ctrl key, click each file, then right-click a file and click Copy.
    • Tap or click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder in the left column, right-click the Certificates folder, and then click Paste.
    • Click Yes to install this certificate.
    • Now better restart the system once to effect the changes. Now connect your phone and open Zune, you won’t get the error anymore.

Hello Holbrook, I was using the same cable that came with the phone, also restarted the PC and smartphone several times before posting here, but that didn’t helped. @ Dayaamay, thank you very much for your help and experience. But I already fixed the problem before reading this.

What I did was uninstalled Zune completely by removing all its traces. Downloaded a fresh setup from web, right clicked its setup and ran as Administrator. After installation I launched the application again as an Administrator by right clicking and it worked fine. No more error, no more problems.

By the way, thank you both again though.