Thread: How to extract only audio from a old DVD

How to extract only audio from a old DVD

I need some help to extract audio from a old DVD. I am unable to find any tools that really work fine. I need a software which can extract as well as which can maintain the audio quality of files that I had ripped. The DVD's are quiet old. They are working fine in my home theater. But to open them in Windows it take a bit long time. If I can only have the audio then it is more than enough.

Re: How to extract only audio from a old DVD

Just download a DVD ripper tool from web. That will do the job. There are tons of free software available. And it provide you a simple way of extracting all the audio files from your DVD's. It work really well and does not spoil the audio quality.

You can also do that through vlc. It is a nice software that can run almost all formats. To rip the audio launch VLC first. Go to Tools > Preferences. In that At the bottom choose All. And then go to the Audio Codec section. Select Twolame from it. Then go to Media and click on Covert / Save. From the existing box choose Disc. You can see that on the top side next to File. From the below menu again choose DVD. This is the kind of optical media. And if VLC does not locate the path of your DVD automatically click on Browse. From there you can manually choose the DVD. Once select provided the save location. Below settings you can find a settings column, just below that a profile text is listed. From that choose Audio-MP3. And then click on Start. That's all. VLC will read the dvd and will give you audio file at the end. Now the complete process time depend on the DVD. If it is slow then the same thing will take some time. To boost the speed it is best to copy the full DVD in your pc and then run the saving process.

The best tool for this purpose is Bigasoft Total Video Convertor. You have to load the DVD in it and then you have to choose the kind of output you want. Just choose Mp3 and click on Start. I am using this from long time. It does not affect the audio quality.