Thread: AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL Crashing on Windows 7

AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL Crashing on Windows 7

I am not able to understand why AMD Catalyst is crashing on my system. The version is 13.9 which is the latest one and there is some issue with it. I am trying to update the same but it is not working well. I am having Windows 7 pc. The update looks to be downloaded well but at the time for setup there was a error and it was halted. When I restarted the pc I am getting a driver crash error on the screen.

Re: AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL Crashing on Windows 7

Looks like this new edition is buggy. Now you can try one thing here. You can try to run system restore to get your old settings back. Then you can try to re-install the driver update back again by manually downloading the same. I think that might help.

It is always better if you go ahead with clean installation. Sometime this kind of issue appear and there is nothing you can do. When I got any new update I always wait back for the feedback. If there is any bug or error noticed I ignore until I receive a complete stable update which does not screw up my system settings. It is a most common issue with display drivers. In your case system restore is a good solution. But still it is necessary that you must first wipe out the old driver. You can remove it from Control Panel > Uninstall a program. And then download the driver from official website and run the fresh setup. This would resolve the problem. If it still crashes then the file is damaged. You will have to re-download it. Try to turn of your security applications for sometime. Once the setup is over you can remove it. A number of time security applications does not allow you to install new stuff which cause this crash. You can turn them off. Many antivirus comes with a option to disable the same for sometime.

There is one more simple thing you can do. You can use a application called as Driver Easy. This is a automated driver updating software which helps you to run fresh updates and get proper output. The installation is quiet easy here.