Thread: Fast File Search on Windows 7

Fast File Search on Windows 7

The existing Search and Find feature of Windows 7 is quiet dull. I am unable to find any better solution for this. Now I have a huge number of files. Some are text, some are pdf while some are office files. It is very complicated to locate a single file in that. The integrated search feature only works well if you can type the proper file name. It does not even give me the list of relative terms. Sometime it list many junk files which I never saw before.

Re: Fast File Search on Windows 7

Windows tries to give you the full list of all available files which can have the text in it. There are two type of search first is by file name and second is a party text search. It list you everything. That is a limitation. You can try using a separate file search software.

There is a one software which can help you in getting a proper file search. It is called as FileSeek. It is ideally developed for locating files in large pool of data. A number of time we do not really remember what we are looking for. It happens to many time. So the first thing I do is rename the file and add some text which would help in locating them. This is a good practice. Or you an go ahead with FileSeek software. The software is very lightweight in usage and provide you a set of different option to locate what you are looking for. You an choose the path manually from where you want to launch the search. It also provide you a tab interface through which you can find multiple files at a single time. It has a option to save the searches. That means next time to search the same thing you just have to launch the saved search. The best part of this software is set of different filters. You can choose what you want and you can leave what you don't. It allows you to get rid of those junk files which are listed in the search. Try FileSeek once and just check what output you are getting.

If you see properly the Search filters in Windows 7 you will be able to locate the files. There is a big change in the search box after Windows XP. There are less controls but comes with a powerful indexing feature through which search takes less time.

One more software you can test is UltraSearch. It is similar to FileSeek but it is a bit advance. It is a freeware software. I can list you some important features here through which you can find out the actual benefit. UltraSearch comes loaded with a simple and smooth interface. It has a good indexing capabilities through which it gives you search result instantly. There is no need to wait back for getting the list of files. The tool also gives you advance
    information on the files. Like the date and size. So this gives you a bit advance option in finding out stuff. Like file properties or details. So just test out the same and see whether it is helpful or not.