Thread: installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking in Windows 7

installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking in Windows 7

I am trying to install the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software, which is speech recognition software on my Windows 7 computer because I want to run some tasks on my pc. But if I am trying to install it in Windows 7 then it wont install at all and gives me a message that the installation was interrupted. Does anyone know whether this software is compatible with this OS? Thanks

Re: installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking in Windows 7

You will need to rename the existing "C:\Windows.old" folder in your computer. To do that stop the installation of the failed Dragon NaturallySpeaking and then open Windows Explorer. After that go to C:drive and then find the "C:\Windows.old" folder. Now you need to rename the "Windows.old" folder to some different like C:\Windows.past. Now close the Windows Explorer and then try to install the Dragon NaturallySpeaking again.

The Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 version can be easily installed in Windowss 7 operating system. But the previous version of this software wont install in this OS. This might be due to there is no support in the software for the new OS. In any case, you can check the detailed information given on this website for installing this software - http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answe...ySpeaking%2010

I was also going to say that I am using the 10.1 version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking software which is working great on my Windows 7 system without any issues. So, you can get the same version of the software and you wont have to upgrade it as well, since it comes with the included software packages that support this OS.