Thread: Unable to install Zune on Windows 8

Unable to install Zune on Windows 8

I need some urgent help from you guys. I have a Lumia 710 as a secondary phone which i use rarely at few occasion. This is still running on WP7. Now i wanted to do some cleanup and syncing with the data stored on this phone, hence went to download Zune application (I guess this works as a PC Suite for windows phone, right?). I downloaded the software and installed it comfortably on my Windows 8 running laptop.

So far so good. But as soon as i try to launch Zune, it ends up with an error message saying: "This app cant run on your PC. To find a version for your PC,check with the software publisher." Damn, are there different versions of Zune available for different computers? How can i find it and where to download the same?

Re: Unable to install Zune on Windows 8

Hello MODESTY,

I think i can help you will this as i have been through the same problem recently, couple of weeks ago. Although Zune gets installed on your system without any problem, your system needs Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 to make Zune work. Just check your Add and Remove applet, i am sure it is not installed.

So what you need to do is download .Net Framework 3.5 from here. First uninstall Zune, install .Net, restart the computer and then install Zune again. It should work good now.

I dont know why you people still using Zune for your Lumia devices. It is such a huge application and resource hungry. While on the other hand, you can simply go with light weight Windows Phone App. It is the best software i have used for Lumia devices. It allows you to do everything what you do with Zune, syncing, file transfer, backup, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GK knowledge View Post
    So what you need to do is download .Net Framework 3.5 from here. First uninstall Zune, install .Net, restart the computer and then install Zune again. It should work good now.
    That really worked like a charm. Thank you very much. By the way, I will also give a try to Windows Phone App. I was not aware of the same.