Thread: Video editing software that can read movie maker project file

Video editing software that can read movie maker project file

Movie maker in my system keeps on crashing after a few minute when I start exporting a movie. The movie is around 30minutes long that consist of many clips and some photos also in it. But when I start exporting it goes well for the first 30% and later on crash. I can see photos and videos with yellow exclamation mark. I am not able to understand the problem. It was working so fine and suddenly the issue appear. Is there any other software available by which I can open movie maker project files.

Re: Video editing software that can read movie maker project file

I do not think that is possible. You have to use Movie maker for that. It looks some files are missing or damage. Try to play the full video and see whether any video or image is not missing. Or else you will keep on getting this problem.

Sometime movie maker is really irritating. Actually it needs a good amount of hardware configuration to work. My desktop has a dual core processor and 1GB ram. On it when I export a 15 min movie it takes around 2 hours and sometime them movie also crash in between giving out a weird error. I am not able to figure out the cause there. But the same thing when I do in my laptop which has a Core i3 processor and 4GB ram the movie goes well. It does not matter is the movie is around 40minutes long. When you are exporting your movies try to turn off all background application. Project files are stored in wlmp format. And no other software can read the same. You have to open it in movie maker only. Because it has file references. The one which are stored on your hard drive. Even if you manage to open the same with any third party software it might not work well. So the best thing you can do is just move ahead with movie maker only. For short movies movie maker is great, but if you go for long movies then this gives a very hard time.

Go for Roxio Creator. Just try this once and see what output you are getting. It is amazing. It has tons of movie effects and you do not get those stupid movie errors. I had used this tool for many projects and it works really fine.

It is not possible to open a movie maker project file in any other tool. You will have to recreate the full movie back again. That is the only possible way available. You might be getting some weird error in between. That is the because movie maker fails to find the file and lands on the error. Now if you are really serious about video editing then there are certain tools which you can use. Like Adobe Premiere Pro. This is one of the best video editing software. And it is a paid tool. Just to test you can locate the setup on web and download it. You will take sometime to learn it completely. But this software simply works great in terms of video editing and has error problem. Being a advance software it comes loaded with tons of new things. I will not say it is easy to operate. But once you are using this one, you will keep on using it. Movie Maker is good for those who need a very basic and simple solution for creating movies. But if you need advance solution then sticking with Adobe Premiere pro is quiet better.