Thread: How to train Dictation pro to get accurate dictation

How to train Dictation pro to get accurate dictation

I am trying to use Dictation Pro in my laptop. I have lots of article work with me. And typing them altogether is a bit time consuming. My typing is not so great. Also there is a problem with some keys. I have to press them hard while using. I need some help to use Dictation Pro. I installed this tool but it is not able to understand my voice. A number of time it just type anything. How can I make it more accurate.

Re: How to train Dictation pro to get accurate dictation

Go for voice training. Dictation Pro has a simple voice training process through which it record your voice sample and provide you text on the basis of that. It matches the audio pattern. Carry the complete training tutorials in that and then try back.

To use a voice to text software there are certain things which you have to check. First of all you must have a really good quality noise cancellation mic. Many regular mic does not has noise cancellation due to which the audio generated is pathetic. There are disturbance on the backside. A noise cancellation mic allows the software to get more accurate voice and gives intact solution. The second thing you have to do is train the software as much as you can. As mentioned above every voice to speech tool has a training session. Complete that. And try to complete the same with more accuracy. The software tries to learn from your audio pattern. It does not has any internal database through which it can identify what you are saying. So you have to build a database of your voice first. And then only you can go ahead with getting accurate text. It is a time consuming process but effective once you are done with adding your a voice in that. In the software you can also manually add your own voice commands. Like for a specific word if the tool is giving you wrong output just add the work in the dictionary. That's all.

You require speak more accurately or else the voice output will not work. You can try Windows Speech Recognition also. It is also a great tool that works in the same manner. But you have to sit with it for sometime.

I can give you a great alternative for this voice thing. It is called as Dragon Naturally Speaking. This is best the voice to text software. I am using this from a bit long time and I found it more accurate. I will not say that this is perfect, but this tool just works amazing. It allows you to dictate text to your computer and get a clear output with minimum mistakes. It works well and has no much problem. Now compare to other software, the training session in Dragon Naturally Speaking is more advance. Along with this it comes with a set of different accent. You can choose one among them. It also has a set of vocabulary for Indian accent. Just finish up the training session first and then go ahead with dictating. You can try to find the trail for testing purpose and see how it actually works. I do not think there is any other software which is better than this.