Thread: How to split a widescreen into small parts

How to split a widescreen into small parts

I need a software that can help me to split my screen into multiple parts. Atleast it must split to two. I am having a big widescreen monitor. I have to work on a project. Now each time pressing alt + tab to switch screen is very annoying. I also tried to tile windows, but that is not working fine. Is there tool through which I can separate a big screen into or more parts. So that I can leave something application or software working at one place.

Re: How to split a widescreen into small parts

Try WinSplit Revolution. It is a tiny utility which works in system tray and allows you options to split the screen in multiple parts. The utility is free and easy to use. You can launch it through a shortcut key and use it.

The easiest one is Maxto. This software is really simple to configure and manage. It offers you a pre-layout settings through which you can set a specific region. I had found the app working really nice for widescreen monitor. It is a paid application. You can start testing by downloading a trial edition and test it out. It works in the system tray. It allows you to divide you screen in two parts horizontally or vertically. It works really fine and has basic layout which is very easy to use. I found it is quiet user friendly. I had tested out some free apps which does not looks to be working so well. I am fedup with manual setup here. Remember that this tools works for applications. After running it you are not going to see any separator on the screen. When you maximize a application it will remain maximized on a standard size. You can then drag and move it as per your need. It is really helpful and works fine with widescreen monitor. Maxto does not offers you advance features. When you load it all settings are showed on the desktop itself. From where you can configure the kind of layout you want. Good for writing purpose.

There are number of different applications available for that. Like UltraMon, Splitview, Gridmode, etc. This tools work the same way. They offer you to have a different split screen on your desktop. You can work on multiple applications.