Thread: Which compression utility is faster on Windows 8

Which compression utility is faster on Windows 8

In terms of archiving which one here is better. I am using Winrar on Windows 8. Now windows has its internal utility also for compressing file. I am looking for one which is is faster. I have to attach a set of image files on email. Due to slow speed more time is wasted. I am willing to go for any other third party archiving utility, but unable to find anything which is better and faster.

Re: Which compression utility is faster on Windows 8

7-zip is pretty fast but not sure if it's compatable with windows 8

it also depends if you are willing to spend money or not

I think Winrar is best here. It offer you simple archiving feature. It is widely used and supported many email services. So I will simply recommend you to stick with winrar. That is quiet more better and simple solution.

7-zip is considered as the best one here. I had seen many videos and game archived in it. 7-zip deliver performance. It is fast and has a higher compression ratio. Winrar is a paid tool. And it offers you limited features in the free edition. While 7-zip is open source. You do not require to pay anything for hit. This utility also provide you a command line interface. Compare to others it is the fastest one. At a single time you can go with multi archiving. That means you can archive different files also. This kind of features are not provided in every tool. There are number of different archiving tools available. The compression rate is different in each of them and the time consume actually depend on your system. Like if you are having a old system with low hardware configuration then archiving process will take more time to complete. And if you are using a high end system then it is faster. You can try testing all tools one by one and use the one which is better. But I think 7-zip will be more faster compare to any other. It also support more new advance features in terms of security.

I will also go with Winrar. It is really easy to manage. With simple right click you have a option to archive any file or folder. But still if you want to test any other then you can go for Peazip. It is a free tool.

There is one more utility which you can test. It is called as PowerArchiver. It is termed as the fastest archiving tool. This software comes in different edition. You can start with standard one. It offers you advance features in compressing. In professional edition you get ftp support also. So that is not really required. All you need is a fast process. It is right that the archiving process actually depend on your hardware. If you have a dual core cpu with 1GB ram then the process is longer. But if you are on a Core i3 system with 8GB ram then the same process will be much more faster and better. So it is essential that you must have a good hardware for the same. Or else it will remain slower. In archiving high processing power is used. High end processor are capable of giving you smooth and faster performance, while low end does not work well. You can just download a trail edition of PowerArchiver and test it. If it really gives you fast transfer speed then you can purchase one.