Thread: Is it possible to recover data from corrupt zip file

Is it possible to recover data from corrupt zip file

I had archived my documents with password on it. I am using Winrar here. The size was around 170MB. Then it is uploaded on 4shared. At the time of archiving or while upload there was no issue. To update I downloaded the files. When I try to extract I am getting a damage file error. I need some help to recover files from those. Is there any tool available. Those are very important documents.

Re: Is it possible to recover data from corrupt zip file

hmmm

i have had similar problems if the file had not downloaded correctly

the only thing i could see is triing to download them again and possibly using 7-zip as it seems to have a low coruption rate and is the one i use solely.

the password thing could be a little bit of a problem tho because that could be the issue

but try to download again and report back any issues

I do not think there is any chance available to recover files from a damage zip or rar archive. I had also lost some files long before. I tried an umber of different thing but it did not work. Re-download it and check back.

There is a solution but it is complicated and time consuming. The frist thing you can try is use the repair process in Winrar. It has a repair utility that works mostly and allow you to recover your data. To use it right click on the winrar file and click on open with Winrar. Then choose the file and from your keyboard press Alt+R. Provide a location to store the file and click on ok. This might work. But if not then the second thing you can do is use a repair software like DataNumen RAR Repair. This is paid software, but you can download a trail and test out. The tool is capable of fixing damage rar files. The files which are downloaded because of improper copy or download. Somehow this tool has a technology which repair it. If this also does not work then the last thing you can try is SysInfoTools Archive Recovery. This is another archive recovery software. The tool is capable of repairing a huge series of different file format. It comes with simple interface.

I am also going through the same problem. I got my files damage which were stored in a cd drive. And I am going to use those tools. Here the internal utility of Winrar does not worked. It is still giving me the same damage error.