Thread: Windows backup does not work as per schedule

Windows backup does not work as per schedule

In my Windows 7 system I had configured Windows backup. The process is configured to work at the end of every day. Between 6 to 7. It work fine in the first week, but it stopped suddenly. I had applied the settings back again and there is no response. I am also trying system restore and it is not working. It is disabled. What can I do to fix the issue.

Re: Windows backup does not work as per schedule

Looks like a virus issue in your system. I will recommend you to keep a backup of your important file ready with you. Then you can go with a full system scan
    under safe mode. Try using a good antivirus with updated virus definition.

Are you receiving any error code when you are trying to run the backup. If you are not sure then you can find the same in Event Viewer. Go there and check the logs. You will find complete information on problem you are facing. Windows backup once configure works fine. I am also using the same. There can be some application or virus which is stopping the service to run. You can go in Control panel and there search for task. In that you can find the configured backup. If windows backup is not working then there are some good third party tools also which can do the job. Like Acebackup. You can configure automated backup procedure with time settings.And if you require something with simple interface then you can checkout Cobain Backup. This tool is also free and offer you advance backup features. Windows backup utility works fine once it is properly configured. The utility settings are configured in schedule task to launch a specific time interval. I think those settings are affected. Try to check your system time also. If it is different then sync it. This issue occur due to improper cmos battery. You can replace that and time issue will be resolved.

could be the work of a mix of virus, malware and spyware

my brother had 233 malware on his windows computer and couldn't access his online pay check from the internet at all
    so i cleaned it rigourusly and now it works wonders

and yes i know this has little reference here in this thread

but i just thought i would portray exactly what viruses and malware can do to one end of the spectrum

For backup I do not trust on free utilities. I am using Acronis Backup & Recovery. This tool offer me a set of advance options.I can also restore my complete system in case of any problem. It has a simple interface. You can checkout a trail to locate the features.