Thread: How to fix damage raw photos

How to fix damage raw photos

Is there any software available that can fix damage raw files. I tired to find them on web but nothing is available. I can find jpeg fixer type of software. I was copied some files from a camera and was trying to convert them. I do not know what happened and all those files are damage. There is nothing visible and size of each file turned to 0kb. This are very important files. How can I recover them back.

Re: How to fix damage raw photos

You are in great trouble friend. It is necessary that you must keep a backup always ready whenever you are going to final processing of images. Unfortunately there is nothing available for recovering those images. Try to check the camera once again. If you had not deleted you will get one copy from there.

If you are using a Canon camera then there is one tool which can help you. You can use CR2 Repair software. This tool is capable of fixing corrupt or damage raw files instantly. To test you can download the trial and test it out. I think this is the only software available which can work fine and give you your images back. Usually this software helps you to recovery files which are damage while copying. But still it is not bad to give a try. The software offers you a preview before recovering. So that you do not have to recovery everything. The tool has a trial edition which is worth to test. So just download it and check back. But if this does not work then your files are completely damaged. What tool you were using. Most of the tool gives you a separate converted copy. It does not overwrite the existing files. In this way you have a backup left with you. I am also using a image convertor. But before converting it simply ask for a different folder. It does not overwrite my existing files. Tools like ACDSee also generate a backup folder before converting or modifying a file.

Yes I am also using ACDsee. This tools create a folder before modifying the file. This easy to get the old files back. I think there is no recovery software available for raw files. While for jpeg and other formats there are ample of tools available.