Thread: Lastpass wont work with IE but works fine with other browsers

Lastpass wont work with IE but works fine with other browsers

I am using LastPass as my main password manager. This is Windows 7 system with four browsers including Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. First three browsers are with latest version while IE is version 10 (not planning to upgrade it to v11). I have synced my entire passwords and sites with LastPass. It is the only place for my passwords.

Now the problem i am facing is LastPass works fine with all three browsers expect Internet Explorer. No matter what i do, it just wont work. I can see its icon in the browser tool bar, but when i try to login, it fails. The same login password works fine on others. Any idea what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Please help .

Re: Lastpass wont work with IE but works fine with other browsers

How did you installed LastPass on other browsers where it is working good? What i mean is there are two ways of installing this password manager in your browser, first, by simply installing the lastpass setup which automatically installs the add-ons on all available browsers on the system. Secondly, you need to manually download and install Lastpass Add-ons in each of your browsers. Which one you followed?

I installed it using the first method you mentioned above, using the lastpass setup. What now? Why is it not excepting the password? Should i try resetting my password?

Resetting the password just because it is not working at one place is not a good idea, don’t forget your password working fine at other multiple places. So the problem is not with password but the last pass itself. After all it is an add-on and add-ons usually have problem.

What I can suggest you is simply uninstall the add-on from Internet Explorer, restart the browser and download/install lastpass plugin again. You can download it particularly for IE from here

However I am using Lastpass as well from past couple of months, today I found something interesting. When you go to lastpass’s official download page, you will see it is completely free browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari. But for Internet Explorer, it comes with only Trial for 14 days and later you will need to buy the premium version. Have a look:

Do you have Premium Lastpass? If not, I guess this could be the cause of problem in your case. Not sure however.

Nope, it is the free version I am using since year. Probably you might be correct. Earlier I haven’t installed on IE, recently thought to use it with IE and sounds like they don’t even provide the trial. They want us to buy it for using it with this browser. Anyways, it is not so compulsory for me. I will better continue using it on Firefox and if required, I will type the password manually in IE. Thank you very much for such important piece of info.