Thread: Java Auto Updater wants me to update java everyday in Windows 7

Java Auto Updater wants me to update java everyday in Windows 7

Hello all,

I have got a particular problem related to Java that is installed in my computer which is running on Windows 7. Whenever I start my pc for the first time in a day, then immediately a box appears tell me to update Java. I do the update and then no more popup. But the very next day when I start my pc, again the box will appear and ask to update Java. This is going on everyday. How do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Java Auto Updater wants me to update java everyday in Windows 7

There might be some problem with the java auto updater in some of the computers. I usually like to follow an old method to update Java. I just uninstall all the java version from control panel and then also use the java removal tool to remove all its remains. After that I download the latest version from its official website and then install it in my computer.

Just try not to run the Java Auto-Updater by disabling it and then it will not ask you to install the updates continuously. To do this click on Start and then in the search box type msconfig and then in the startup tab you need to uncheck java auto updater and that will do the rest. These are all security updates that you might be getting probably all the time.

The proper way to disable Java Auto Updater is to go to control panel and then search for Java. After that click on the update tab and then uncheck the box that says Check for updates automatically. After clicking apply and ok, then check back whether it is still asking you to update java continuously or not. Hope this helps you out.

sounds as if it could be a virus telling java that there is a java update everyday

i had that happen on a few ocasions before

sadly i am not sure if the virus is still the same as it used to be or if it has the same name

also i don't remember the name because MSE had the virus log up for only for a few seconds than automatically deleted and removed the virus and i never caught the name