Thread: Auto Text and spell fixer software for Word

Auto Text and spell fixer software for Word

Does Microsoft Word has a auto text feature. I need two things here. First auto word suggestion and second is spell fixer. Word has a spell checker. But that works in the end when you are done with the typing stuff. I want a tool that can simply keep on fixing the spelling as I type. So that is a time saver. On the same hand auto text will also increase my typing speed.

Re: Auto Text and spell fixer software for Word

Word has a auto text feature. It is a addon which is disabled by default. You will need to turn it on. For that click on Office button, word options > customize, choose command form > all commands > auto text. Just add it and then test back.

Auto text is a different thing in word. It does not gives word suggestion. The above guy is asking something like we have in a mobile phone. When we type it completes the word. It is auto complete. Auto text is just adding a ready to use text in the article. Like you can fill the library with name, phone number, etc and then you can click on the auto text icon to insert that in a page. That's all. It does not complete the word as you type on.I am not sure about the spelling thing, but auto complete is available in word. I had not tested it. But I think this will work fine. It needs a word library to give you proper suggestion. It is located in the insert menu. There is no third party software available. The feature provided in word is quiet limited. Due to which you do not get any advance option to work on your articles. For spell check the existing feature is slow but effective. Once the article is over you just have to hit F7 and done. It will show you all the correction which you will need to re-verify once again. For getting more brighter feature I think you will need to change the existing application.

It is really weird that Word misses such an important feature. It i s really great to have a auto-complete type of tool which can boost the typing speed. I hope in future this extra feature must be added.

There are some third party software available that can help you while typing. I am not able to find any spell checker type of thing. Whatever I got is just to boost your typing speed. The first one is Type Booster. This is a very tiny app which works in system tray. Once installed the application gives you a complete word suggestion by typing the first three alphabets. It works really fine but takes time to learn from your typing. It is a paid software. You can download a trial and test it out. The second tool which does the same job is eType. It is a bit enhanced. I do not understand why my antivirus keeps on warning me while I try to install it. The last tool which is similar is Typing Aid. All this tools gives you auto suggestion and you have to press the Tab key or enter key to apply that. It is quiet easy to use but you will take some time to adjust yourself. At start the typing speed is reduced because you have to check the suggestion. I think compare to this tools typing regularly is more better. While I am not able to find any software that can fix the spelling as you type. There is nothing like that available.