Thread: How to instantly make a copy of CD

How to instantly make a copy of CD

I borrowed some tutorial cds from my friend. They are having video presentation which works on my DVD player. Now he wants them back. I want to copy them. I want to make the same type of disc here. I do not want to keep them in my pc. Because there is no space available. Is there any tool or any option available through which I can instantly make a copy of the entire disc.

Re: How to instantly make a copy of CD

You need a cloning software. There are ample of them available. Go on web and search for disc cloning tool. You can use that to create a similar copy of your existing cd and then you can use the same in your dvd player also.

It can be done in Nero. On internet you can find a portable version of Nero. It is just around 60mb in size. Download that. In that you can see Nero Express Rom portable. Click on that. Insert the disc in your pc. And then click on the third section from left which is Image or Copy. From that click on copy cd. Nero will simply create a image file which will be saved in C drive. So it is necessary that there must be more than 2GB of space left in it. The burb project might fail if there is lack of space. Once the image file is burned you just require to insert a blank disc and done. The tool will copy all the content of your old disc into the new one. This is one of the best way to burn clone disc. Now there are many third party software also available which does the same job. Like CloneCD. It is a tiny tool which you can download from internet. It is a free tool. This is directly used to clone a disc, but I trust more on Nero. Because it is more easy to manage. You can keep the project save if you want. A .nrg file is created by nero which a image backup. You can use that anytime you want to create a new disc.

Cloning only works fine if your cd is proper. If there are any scratches or any issue then there is nothing you can do. I had tried to clone some set of old disc but they failed due to scratches.