Thread: Office 2010 Error 1719

Office 2010 Error 1719

I am having a Windows 7 desktop, was using Office 2007 on the same since long time, never had any problem. last week finally i upgraded the office to version 2013. Office 2013 installation went smoothly with out any error or problem. Even the applications worked fine for two days. But later, during the work suddenly i use to get an error message as follows:

"Error 1719
    The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if Windows installer is not correctly installed."

Although i am not installing or removing anything, what is the reason of popping up this error message? Another worst part is the when the error appears my office apps crash immediately without allowing me to save the work. Very annoying. Any idea what is the problem and how i can get rid of the same?

Re: Office 2010 Error 1719

That error occurs when one or few of your installation files are corrupted or had some problem during the installation itself. Yeah, it is a very well known problem. Hence Microsoft has provided a FixIt which can be downloaded from here. Save it on desktop and run. It will analyze, find the problem and will fix it automatically. I have used it several times. The error doesn't belongs just to Office, but for any program.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhisar G View Post
    Yeah, it is a very well known problem. Hence Microsoft has provided a FixIt which can be downloaded from here.
    Still no help, it did found something and tried fixing them as well but yet I get that error.

What else?

As the error is associated with installation issues, I will suggest you to better re-install the office package again but in another way to get rid of this problem permanently. Here is what you need to do.

• First go to Add and Remove applet and uninstall Office
    • Now type UAC in start Menu and disable it completely by sliding the slider at bottom.
    • Save it and restart the computer.
    • Go to Programs files and delete the folder for previous office installation. Delete it from Recycle bin as well
    • Now type Disk Cleanup in start menu, open it, delete everything you see related to office.
    • Once done, now start the office installation again.

Hopefully the error should not appear now.

I have had this problem long ago with my Windows 7. Actually this is the problem with Windows Installer. I fixed it by re-registering the installer and problem went away. If you want you can give it a try. To do so, open command prompt as an administrator, type “MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER” without quotes and concentrate the space bar. Press Enter. Wait for few minutes. Now type “MSIEXEC /REGSERVER” and press enter.

Once done, restart the computer and see if the problem appears again.