Thread: Windows 7 Error Please verify that the Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1

Windows 7 Error Please verify that the Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1

Sorry if this has been asked earlier as well here, i tried searching but didn't found hence posting a new question. As stated in the title above, whenever i am trying to access three new applications on my Windows 7 running self assembled desktop PC, i get the error message saying:

"Please verify that the Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1 or later"

I installed these applications recently and since then the error appeared. Also all other applications are working good. I tried re-installing the apps but that didn't made any difference. Can anyone here please provide me a working solution? What is Microsoft Data Access Components ?

Re: Windows 7 Error Please verify that the Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1

Can you name those applications? Why dont you just uninstall them and found alternate programs for the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno007 View Post
    Can you name those applications? Why dont you just uninstall them and found alternate programs for the same?
    Is that the only solution? These are our own office programs which are working great on more than 100 windows 7 based computers, only the problem is on this newly installed system. Do anyone else here have any idea what could be the problem?

As the error is related to Microsoft Data Access Components, I will suggest you to better check out the following article from Microsoft saying:

Component Checker: Diagnose problems and reconfigure MDAC installations

Follow the process provided there. I guess this will surely help you out.

Thanks buddy, but that didn’t worked. Any other help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Cake View Post
    These are our own office programs which are working great on more than 100 windows 7 based computers, only the problem is on this newly installed system.
    If the problem is on only this computer then surely the problem is with this system and not the programs you trying to run. As you said it is newly installed system, I think you should better try repairing it using the installation disk. Because I guess there would have been some problem with the installation itself. If repairing doesn’t fixes, better re-install the windows itself.