Thread: How to stream media from pc to home theater system

How to stream media from pc to home theater system

I am stuck with one problem here. I am setting up a new home theater system at my friends home. It came with a pair of 5 speakers and a blu ray player. This player has lan and wifi connectivity. It also support DLNA. But somehow I am not able to understand how to stream content of my pc. After connecting the lan cable I can use the internet, but there is no shared folders visible.

Re: How to stream media from pc to home theater system

If your blu ray player supports DLNA then it will be able to stream your system content. Devices with DLNA support works well with each other. Try to check in the blu ray manual for a complete process for sharing multimedia content.

It is quiet easy to use. I will provide you the complete steps for that. Now here I am using a Android phone for playing music from my pc. I had shared all the content. DLNA support allow you a universal access to your multimedia content from various devices. It works really nice. Now in my android phone I am using a application called as BublleUPnp. To stream media from your pc first you will have to enable Media Streaming. Just type Media Streaming in Start menu and enable it. Keep allowed to all. Then the process is to add all your multimedia files in Media Player library. For that you can right click on the video and click on include in library. Launch Media Player. When I turn on BubbleUpnP in my device I can see all the shared content in Windows Media Player also I can see the DLNA device. I can control it from my pc. It works really fine. Unless and until you have DLNA support there is nothing to worry. It is ideally designed to share multimedia content.

Go in your blu ray player and look for shared library kind of stuff. There you can find the shared content. It will be arranged in the form of Music, Audio, Video, etc. If your blu ray player supports storage space then you can also download those stuff.

Media sharing is possible if your blu ray player has all kind of support. DLNA is very easy to use. Where you can see all your files shared inside different folders. While many blu ray players also support Windows File Sharing feature. When you go in the lan or file sharing section you can see the shared folders and access them as per your need. First you will need to go in the blu ray settings and see whether it has support for that. The next thing you have to do is go in your Windows media sharing setting and enable a guest access. Allow everything instead of placing any restriction. This will avoid any error if you try to access the files. Sharing over wifi can be slower compare to sharing files over lan network which will be faster and better. Many use NAS type of storage for media sharing which act as a centralized setup. Any nas os with media sharing will be another simple option for the same.