Thread: Where to find good laptop theft tracking software

Where to find good laptop theft tracking software

Which software will be good to track a laptop which is lost. I want to that for my netbook. I am sure there will be some good tools available in the market that can allow me easy tracking of my netbook. My friends just carry my netbook with them wherever they want without telling me and it is complicated to find it. If there is a good tracking tool, atleast it can tell me the location which will be helpful.

Re: Where to find good laptop theft tracking software

There are tools available but they are mostly tracked via gps. So if you friends are smart enough they will turn off the tool and you cannot track it. The best thing you can do is buy some kind of hardware based stuff for tracking.

Software's are effective but to some extent only. One of them is FrontDoorSoftware. This is a good software that can be used for the tracking purpose. It is actually a paid software but still you can test it out. Install this software in your system and configure this once. It works fine with tracking stuff. Usually all kind of tracking is done via gps only. This tools works via internet, because a laptop does not come with any kind of gps. Once the laptop is connected with the internet the gps location is simply reflected on the tool that shows you the location. Now there is one more option available through which you can track you system. You can buy a gps chip which you can hide inside the laptop case and then use gps tracker device to locate it. Many car manufacturer are selling good quality gps tracker. This tools are costly but really effective in tracking purpose and works fine. You can go with both kind of solution. You can go with software and hardware based solution which will work really fine and will give you alternative to track your system whenever it is lost.

GadgetTrak is also a good tracking tool. I am using this and it works fine. I will recommend you test this once. You will need to register a account on the officail site, and later on you can track your laptop.