Thread: Windows Movie maker keeps on crashing due to missing file error

Windows Movie maker keeps on crashing due to missing file error

I need some help with Windows Movie Maker. I am creating a video from 50 differ clips. I had edited all the videos and added caption on them. When I click on publishing the file it works while for few time and then crashing with missing file. Some videos in it are having exclamation mark sign on it. I need some solution here to fix the issue. What can be the problem.

Re: Windows Movie maker keeps on crashing due to missing file error

This a common issue with movie maker. It does not work fine with huge number of files. While the issue can be due to bad sectors also. Run a chkdsk in cmd and then see whether you have any error listed or not.

Sometime it is really complicated to work with Movie Maker. It does not export the right kind of output due various reason. I had also gone with the same kind of issue when I was creating a video out of multiple clips. A number of time it crashed with missing file error. Then I exported the video in chunks. I divided all the video export in time frame of 3mins each. It took around 6 videos to get the complete one. Then I added them back in Movie maker and got a full size video. Now this is a time consuming process but it worked in my case. I think you can do the same. Try to export video in small chunks and then merge them together. Or you can simply change the movie editing software you are using. There are great tools available on web. One of them in Adobe Premiere. This software is really great in terms of video output. It allows you to simply have a full set of video editing features which everything you need. You can create a set of your own timeline and effects as per your need. Compare to movie maker this works faster. In movie maker to import a video file it takes time, while in Adobe Premiere it is done within seconds.

I too agree with that. I will recommend you to change the existing video editing software which you are using. That will resolve the problem you are facing. Just get a good one which is fully functional. Leave movie maker aside. It is good for small video editing jobs.

For movie editing there are ample of tools available. Adobe Premiere pro is really advance. It has everything you need from basic to advance video processing. But if you want to go for simple usage then you can checkout Roxio. It has a nice movie editing software with many advance features. I will recommend you some set of tools which will surely help you in dealing with different video editing job. You can go for Corel Power Director, Magix Movie Edit and Adobe Premiere Pro. According to me the most advance software here is Adobe Premiere Pro. This tool is widely used for video editing job. You can simply go with basic editing job and understand its features first. While there are many basic editors are available but they are of no use.