Thread: Has anyone updated to Catalyst 13.8 driver

Has anyone updated to Catalyst 13.8 driver

I am constantly getting a popup about the new driver update. It is some Catalyst 13.8. Now my system is working fine. Long ago I had a issue with driver update. It get messed up after performing a installation of a new driver. The system was unstable and games were crashing. But rightnow everything looks to be ok. I just want some info on this new driver update. Has anyone installed it. Is there any bug in it.

Re: Has anyone updated to Catalyst 13.8 driver

It is fine. You can move ahead with the update. And whenever you face any issue after installing drivers you can run system restore. It will restore your old settings back as it was before and you system will work fine.

Re: Has anyone updated to Catalyst 13.8 driver

It is quiet necessary that you go with all new driver update. It makes your system more stable and better. This new driver comes with many new stuff giving more stability. If you run the update surely your gaming output will be far more better. The new update offers you better output on more higher resolution. The maximum resolution that you can get on this is 2560x1600. It has a added support for opengl 4.3. After this you can also go with creating a profile under 3d settings manually. Which is quiet helpful for advance users. Some crashing issues are fixed. And above all it has major performance improvements over the old edition. So better go for the installation. Till yet there is no complain on crashing stuff. The driver is rightnow in beta edition. So this is actually released for public testing. You can avoid that if you want. And wait back for the final release. But you will not get the benefits here. For those who are overclocking their gpu will get a bit of extra stability here. Most of the things are associated with gaming part only. You can checkout that first.