Thread: How to convert .exe to .swf file?

How to convert .exe to .swf file?

I got a video that was given to us and we want to make some modification to it. This video is currently published in .exe file and we want to convert it to .swf file? Does anyone know how to convert this exe file to .swf file? If there are some free applications to do this then it will be worth a shot. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: How to convert .exe to .swf file?

I dont know if there is any direct conversion method for converting the exe to .swf file but you can try to use some tool to record the exe file and then save the file to the different formats that you want. For recording the video, you can use something like Camtasia or Captivate software which also comes for free, just search for it on the net and download and install it in your pc.

There is a program called FardaSaz EXE to SWF that you can get by searching on google. With this small program, it is very easy to extract EXE Flash Macromedia and convert them to SWF files. You only need one step and that is, simply drag and drop the EXE file, without launching any convertor and you will get the same file converted into SWF files saved on the same location.

I dont think that it is possibel to convert an .exe file to .swf file because of various reasons. All kind of application from where .exe file has to go through needs a compile process to convert the source code to the machine language. The exe file could be standalone and I think that it was used so that people dont need a flash player to run the flash file.