Thread: best software to play .CDA files in my computer

best software to play .CDA files in my computer

I have got many audio cds at my home that I usually play on my Sony Stereo system. When I put it in my computer and try to play the .CDA files in Windows Media Player then nothing happens. I had also installed Winamp player to play these files but when I try to play the files nothing happens. So, can anyone tell me which is the best software to get to play these cda files in my computer? Thanks

Re: best software to play .CDA files in my computer

Instead of installing new software in your computer, you can play .cda files in Windows Media Player only by following the below steps:
    1. First of all try to open Device Manager.
    2. After that you need to right-click your CD drive, and then click Properties.
    3. Now you can try to clear the Enable digital audio CD for this CD-ROM device check box.
    4. After that restart your computer to take effect and then you will be able to play the .cda files on your computer in WMP just fine.

Download and install a software called WaveLab in your computer. After that insert the audio CD in your CD/DVD drive and then go to Tools in WaveLab and choose the option to "Import audio cd tracks". Select all the tracks or the ones that you want after the tracks appear in the Destination folder and then select where you want to save it. It will also give you option to save it in .wav file format or .mp3 file format as well. After this process is done you can simply double click on this newly created files and play it on your computer.

What you can do is simply copy the .cda file from an Audio CD with the Windows Media Player's Rip option which is nothing but the Copy option only. To do this, you need to simply insert the Audio CD in your computers CD/DVD drive and then go to Windows Media Player and then click on File meny and then choose the option to Copy from Audio Player and then choose all the songs and click Copy music. All the audio songs will be copied to your music library in .wmv format and now you can easily play it on WMP.