Thread: uTorrent is making my system slower

uTorrent is making my system slower

I am using uTorrent in my system to download files from different torrent site. I had just formatted my system due to virus issue. After that when everything is properly installed a new issue appeared. My system is getting slower and slower. I am not able to understand the problem behind it. Whenever the torrent is working in the background system usage is really high here.

Re: uTorrent is making my system slower

Try to re-install utorrent and check back. That will be more better I think. I am also using that, and got the same issue. But I re-installed and now it looks to be working well. There is no issue at all.

Switch your torrent client to some other. I am using Tixati. This is one of the best torrent client I had seen so far. It is extremely easy to use and has nice features also. It is lightweight and has a simple UI. I had switch to Tixati, after I fed up with uTorrent. It really makes system slow and due to it, virus issue will keep on appearing. Now it is almost 2 months I am using Tixati and there is no issue with file download or with the security. uTorrent looks to be a buggy torrent downloader. This not a basic torrent downloader, but it has everything you want. It is a powerful downloader offering you bandwidth management with throttling ability also. It is a fully functional torrent client offering you to do anything you want. I will recommend you to go for Tixati. When you are not using it you can just turn it off. While uTorrent keeps on working in the background. You can find the associated process in Task Manager.

I am also using the same torrent downloader. This is really cool. It offers a simple torrent management with all required settings. I had never used uTorrent. The best thing about using Tixati is that it is really lightweight in usage.

There are ample of lightweight torrent clients available. If you are not happy with the one you are using, you can switch to others. Like Deluge Bittorent Client. It is a very light weight torrent client that allows you simple file download. While there is one more which can help you to download files easily. qBittorrent Portable. Just download this one. I had never tested Tixati, but I had used qBittorrent Portable once. I used that on my netbook and it works fine. It keeps on working in the background giving you a simple to use features and proper download. While if you are looking for a bit advance features like port forwarding, remote management, etc then go for Transmission. This is really great enough to give you smooth performance. It works fine with all system and some lightweight torrent client also offer you browser integration.