Thread: Will Caching work on regular hard drive

Will Caching work on regular hard drive

My system has 1TB storage of regular WD hard drive. I am facing a bit performance issue with application. I am having only 2GB of DDR32 RAM on my system. Can anyone simply help me to find any software that I can use for caching on my system. I am talking about the regular hard drive that offers 7200 rpm. Is there any possibility available by which I can simply add all the required application in the cache part and boost the performance.

Re: Will Caching work on regular hard drive

Caching does not work on regular drive. Even if it works then your drive will performance slower. The best thing you can do here is add a good SSD on your system and install Cachine tool. Sandisk ReadyCache is one of the best choice here.

Caching is nothing but a kind of high speed memory. It stores all your frequently used application and launch them as fast as possible. Ample of cpu comes with a cache memory that allows you to get a bit of good benefit. Rightnow using a caching tool on regular hard drive is not possible due to moving parts. The rpm here matters the lot. Even if you anyhow managed to add caching your drive might get slower as time goes on. The simplest way available here is to use a high speed usb. You can buy a 32GB usb. And configure Windows Ready-boost on it. This is the internal caching software which works really well in terms of drive performance. Windows automatically use a part of your pen drive for performance boosting. The output will be surely great as the drive is a usb 3.0. You will have to keep it connected on the system. Or you can do one more thing. You can add up more ram to your system boosting the output. Add a 2Gb stick more which will be quiet enough I think.

Caching works well on SSD's only. You cannot use them on regular hard drive. It is right that if you use a caching software on a regular system the drive will perform more slower. So better stick with the SSD which is far more better and will be great enough.

Spending on SSD is a right choice. Adding a 32GB or 64Gb of drive on your system will be more than enough to boost the output. If you buy a drive higher than 64GB you can install a operating system on that so that the output is simply better. But you cannot copy your data on it due to low space. Intel Cache Acceleration Software works with many hardware in giving out proper output. Now there is a third party software available which can help you in getting the kind of output you are looking for. It is called as FancyCache. It is an ready to use software which can be used for caching. Just for testing purpose you can install it in your system and test it. If there is no problem with the output then using it quiet fine according to me.