Thread: How to import PDF in MS word 2010

How to import PDF in MS word 2010

I recently upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 professional. Everything is working fine but seems like many options and UI has been changed in the newer version. Earlier i was able to import the PDF files in Word 2007, but now though i have installed the PDF plugin, i am not getting any option to import my PDFs in word.

I hope pdf is still compatible with Office 2010. Can anyone of you please let me know where is the option to import the same? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: How to import PDF in MS word 2010

How do you exactly insert PDF in word 2007? Isn't those step working with v2010? Until you reply, just try following:
    • Open Word
    • Click Insert
    • Under Text Area click "Object"
    • From the open pop up, select Acrobat Document
    • Now browse and select the PDF you want to import.
    • Check the following image for more help.

That doesn't works in my edition of word 2010 professional. Seems like MS has removed the option.

Ok, can you please tell me if there is any other way i can copy the PDF content and paste it in word? Attaching the PDF is not so compulsory if there are so many problems. Just let me know atleast how can i put the PDF content on my doc.

Thanks again

You should have told this earlier Anyways, if you search on Google with term “PDF to Word Converted”, you will find 100s of small utilities doing this. Some of them are paid but most of them are free and they work fine. I have used them couple of times for editing my PDF documents. Just download any free one of them, install, import PDF and export to word. You will get the doc file with content. Later you can simply copy past the same to your word file. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Naila View Post
    Ok, can you please tell me if there is any other way i can copy the PDF content and paste it in word? Attaching the PDF is not so compulsory if there are so many problems. Just let me know atleast how can i put the PDF content on my doc.
    There is also an alternative for those converters. You can go with OCR which stands for Optical character recognition. What it do is extract the text from your text files. You can use the same also for exporting your PDF text. Not sure if it woks for PDF as well, if not, simply print-screen the pdf and save it in image.