Thread: How to Sync Outlook and Google Calendars with Galaxy S4 S Planner

How to Sync Outlook and Google Calendars with Galaxy S4 S Planner

I am using a Galaxy S4 which is having a S-Planner application. Apart from this i keep my Google Calendar and Outlook calendars synched with each other. Now, as my title says, i want to sync my S planner as well with those two calendars but not getting the way to do that. Tried searching web but didn't found anything helpful. I even checked outlook and google settings, yet nothing about S-planner. Do anyone of you know how do we sync S Planner with those two PC and web applications? Please let me know as well. Many thanks.

Re: How to Sync Outlook and Google Calendars with Galaxy S4 S Planner

First of all make sure that you have enabled the sync from on your phone. Many times mistaken we fail to enable the auto sync. This could be the reason. Go to Mobile settings, click Accounts, open Google and enable the sync for calendars and Contacts. Now try syncing it with S planner. Secondly, make sure that the internet connection or WiFi is working on your phone properly. try opening any web page. See if it works.

I have been with the same issue on my S3. In my case the sync use to work fine on until I had installed Google Calendar on the phone. After installing the same and reverting back to default S-Planner calendar, the sync started giving me problems and errors. I tried installing the Google Calendar again and voila Sync works fine. I thought to talk about this issue with Samsung guys. But the only suggestion they have for the same is “Factory Settings”. They say there is no problem with the Planner, if you have problem, you need to restore the phone to factory settings. That’s the wired solution.

Hey guys. For those who are facing problems syncing contacts and calendars on their Samsung S4 can go with the following alternate option, as I do. I have downloaded a third party application called Android-Sync on my PC.

Once you install this, enable USB debugging and connect the phone via cable to your PC where you have installed Android-Sync. Wait for few minutes and until it recognizes and read the device. Now select options and set the syncing preference on the application. That’s it. This is the most hassle free and easiest alternative for S-Planner I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by nEESHANT View Post
    Once you install this, enable USB debugging and connect the phone via cable to your PC where you have installed Android-Sync.
    I have a doubt here. Where is the USB debugging in S4? Damn, I am not able to hind it. I remember it use to be under developer options in all other Android devices, right? But I am not able to see it on my S4. Please help.

Yeah, you are correct. By default USB debugging is disabled in galaxy S4. You need to enable it by going to Settings > About Device. Here the trick is you need to tap Build Number 7 times. Now go back to settings and you will see Developer Options in the list. Tap the same and enable USB Debugging.