Thread: Can we stream saved music on Skydrive to Lumia

Can we stream saved music on Skydrive to Lumia

Due to shortage of storage and duplication of files, i spent few hours and move all my music, pictures and video files to cloud (skydrive). Now i am able to open images and all but how can i directly stream the music from Skydrive to my Lumia Phone? I mean there is no such support in the built-in music player of Lumia 920 and i dont know if any third party music player is capable to do the same?

Do anyone of you have any idea streaming music from cloud to Windows Phones ? Third party apps will do too. please provide some suggestions. Thank you.

Re: Can we stream saved music on Skydrive to Lumia

I dont think streaming music from Cloud (SkyDrive) is so difficult that you had to ask question. It is the normal way as you play music store on your phone's local drive. Anyways, here is the step by step for doing the same:
    • On Start , tap Music + Videos .
    • Flick to Collection, and then tap Music, Videos, or Podcasts.
    • Find the item you want to play by flicking left or right to different categories (such as Artists, Albums, or Songs).
    • Tap the item that you want to play.

Let me know if you need any more help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron007 View Post
    [*]Find the item you want to play by flicking left or right to different categories (such as Artists, Albums, or Songs).
    Are you sure we can play multiple songs from the skydrive? If I am not wrong this only allows you to play one song at a time, you again need to go to Skydrive and tap anther song to play, right?

I think you are trying to play the music by going to SkyDrive folder. If yes, than it is kind of file manager where you will only be able to play one file at a time, like we do in windows. By the way did you even given a try to the steps provided above by Aaron007, I don’t think so.

He clearly said you need to directly open the Music and Video application (Not even the music player). In Music and Video application, tap on collections and you will see different folders where your music and video files are stored. From here open your SkyDrive folder and sort by artists, album, etc and play. This will play every song without needing to tap again and again after each track.

Okkk, got it. It was my mistake I was trying to play from skydrive application. Thanks for clearing the doubt. It works fine. That’s all I wanted to know. Help appreciated.

Well there is a free tool as well available on Microsoft Store named as “Sky Music”. It is a multi functional music player that not only allow you stream music from the phone’s local storage and SkyDrive, but also from web, zune, and many more. You can even download songs and ringtones. Just open the store, search for SkyMusic and download. I love this app.